We, at ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ are committed to respecting your online privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) you share with us.
“Personal Information” means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address and an email address or other contact information, whether at work or at home. In general, you can visit ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ Web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself.
Information we collect and how we use it
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as reading the website articles, product details, browsing the posted jobs etc. However, in order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for our Newsletter, sign up as a donor or any other service that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address, billing and delivery address, telephone number and an account password). For certain services, such as posting a job on the website, we also request / collect Company Name, Website address or other such related information which we maintain on our secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies – Some of our Web pages utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Web site activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a Web user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Web site.
- Log information– When you access ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications– When you send email or other communications to ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content.
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting the rights or property of ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ or our users; and
- Developing new services.
Third Party Services
Third parties provide certain services available on http://fiwe.org.in on ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ behalf. ‘’FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ may provide information, including Personal Information, that ‘‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ collects on the Web to third-party service providers to help us deliver programs, products, information, and services. Service providers are also an important means by which ‘’FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ maintains its Web site and mailing lists. ‘’FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect Personal Information on ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ behalf.
‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ does not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ behalf unless such transfer is legally required. Similarly, it is against ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ policy to sell Personal Information collected online without consent.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
Updating your information
We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personally identifying information for many of our services. For more information, please see the help pages for each service.
‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ will not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent’s permission.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people (save with your consent) or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ communicate with you about offers from ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria – for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- ‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business. For more information regarding providers of products or services that you’ve requested please read our detailed reference links.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the laws prevalent in India to protect personal information about you. We seek to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and Rules made thereunder to ensure the protection and preservation of your privacy.
‘FORCE Institute of Water Efficiency’ reserves the right to update, change or modify this policy at any time. The policy shall come to effect from the date of such update, change or modification.